Transport Evolved is a diverse team committed to producing the highest quality content possible on the transition to renewable, cleaner energy transportation. If you are interested in applying for one of the positions listed below, please send us your resume and cover letter via email: careers[at]transportevolved.com
Specific job postings are posted below.
Social Media Manager: Transport Evolved
Location: Portland, Oregon (Remote)
Hours: 8-10 hours per week (Flexible)
Contract value: dependent on experience and skillset
Transport Evolved is pleased to accept applications for a part time freelance (1099) Social Media Manager to join our small and dedicated team of journalists and content creators
Successful applicants will need to have a good sense of humor, and a working knowledge of the electric vehicle, clean car, and green energy sectors.
You’ll be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the social media landscape, be experienced and fluent with comment moderation on all of the platforms we currently use (including Disqus, WordPress, Twitter, Discord and YouTube), as well as the various software programs that integrate with that platform (such as Tweet Deck, Hoot Suite and others).
You’ll be an independent worker who can coordinate with a larger team, follow direction, and have a good knowledge of the wider media landscape.
You’ll be able to schedule posts on all of the social networks we use, know when and where to post content for the best impact, interact with fans and colleagues alike, and have a great attention to both spelling and punctuation.
You’ll also need to demonstrate an understanding of basic copyright and fair use law, follow embargoes, and work with the rest of the team to produce funny, informative social media content for the channel.
Because this is a part time position, and there’s flexibility as to when and where the work is carried out, we’re looking for an independent contractor working on a ten ninety-nine compliant basis who is both a current, legal U.S. Resident who is legally allowed to seek employment in the US.
While this is currently a 1099 contracted opportunity, there is potential for the right candidate to migrate to an hourly or salaried position in the future, or to expand to other roles within the company.
Starting contract worth $650 gross (average) per month, with final contract value dependent on candidate and experience.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, references, and cover letter to Careers at TransportEvolved dot com by Midnight PDT on Saturday, February 20, 2021.
We do NOT accept applications from third-party recruitment agencies, employment services, or gig-hire-services.
Successful applicants for the next stage of the interview process will be notified by March 8, 2021.
• Keep your own hours (flexible) averaging 8-10 hours per week, with an aim to spend at least 1 hour per day (on average) carrying out duties.
• Inform Transport Evolved’s editorial team of your availability for meetings and online chats.
• Check in regularly with the Transport Evolved editorial team using email and Telegram chat service.
• Keep track of Transport Evolved’s existing and future social media accounts. These currently include two YouTube channels, a Twitter account, our website (Disqus comment system) and a Discord chat room.
• Represent Transport Evolved appropriately on its social media and drive engagement throughout all platforms using creative, fun posts.
• Be curious about cleaner, greener, safer and smarter transportation, demonstrate a knowledge of the industry and segment, and be able to respond accurately to queries about the industry.
• Work with Transport Evolved’s existing Discord moderator
volunteers to keep the chat room SFW and appropriate.
• Work with Transport Evolved’s editorial team to plan social media pushes, quizzes, polls, and promotions.
• Respond to direct messages and mentions in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Enforce Transport Evolved’s comment policy by working with the Transport Evolved editorial team to remove offensive, or inappropriate comments.
• Identify which comments and queries require escalation to the Transport Evolved editorial team for further attention.
Transport Evolved LLC is a small, LGBT-owned small content creation company based outside of Portland, Oregon. We focus on creating online content and commentary in the world of cleaner, greener, safer and smarter vehicles.
Transport Evolved began life in the UK in 2010, but became a U.S.-registered LLC in 2015 after its co-founders emigrated to the U.S.
Our primary output is the TransportEvolved YouTube Channel. We are 100% independent, and funded exclusively by Viewer Patreon support, YouTube ad revenue, and content creation for third-party clients.
We do not accept advertorials and only accept third-party sponsorship from companies outside of the automotive industry. Our team is committed to impartiality and while the majority of our team own and operate plug-in vehicles of their own, our staff do not have any stockholding or shares in any of the companies we cover.
Transport Evolved is an equal opportunities company, and does not does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.